Sunday, July 22, 2007

Saturday - July 22

We headed off to the Nashville Zoo today with Sara and her mother. I think that I’ve definitely been to better zoo displays, but I really enjoyed the walking areas and pathways. The walk around the park had a very natural feel to it, and it felt like we were taking a hike rather than plodding along looking at captured animals. Mom really liked the Hyacinth Macaws. Terry found a new family amongst the meer kats. I really liked the Amphibian/Reptile House. Usually I don’t really find that area the best part of a zoo trip, but I really did like it. It must be the fact that I harbored a tadpole farm in my apartment until quite recently. We walked quite a bit, and I got a tan! (Well, I call it a tan.) We got back to the hotel exhausted from our trip and just rested a bit.


Later Mom and I took a trip to the Parthenon at Centennial Park, but we didn’t go into it. We just walked around the park. The building and the park are beautiful. Another cool thing is that throughout the park there are these swinging chairs built for two people. We sat on one and Mom promptly took a catnap.


Terry gave us a tour of the overwhelming Opryland Hotel. (She had gone there with Sara the other day.) Inside this place are whole gigantic atriums, which house restaurants and stores. And bands. And rivers and boats. And waterfalls. Like I said, it was overwhelming. It was also hard to take pictures; there was so much glass, water, and light. One of the best parts was the water display set to music. Oh yeah, the coffee debacle. Mom and I ordered vanilla coffee, which was horribly sweet—sweeter than Brooke likes his coffee. That’s sweet. Anyway, Mom and I have come to the conclusion that they just like everything really sweet.

No comments: