Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Slow Start

Although I have to leave my home tomorrow, I have been woefully slow in prepping for this trip. I should have sent out Thank You notes, filled out all of the paperwork for my new job, called new bosses and arranged a time for me to get settled in with the new workplace, called old boss and caught her up on things, and packed. But I have been stymied by the 6th Harry Potter book. I am determined to finish it before the trip.

Quite frankly, I don't even know the title of the 6th book. I generally read the HP series using the just-in-time method--I read the book just in time to see the movie. Well, I finished the 5th book, but then I started to get worried about the my HP reading style. I don't want to get left behind in the Harry Hoopla, or worse yet, find out Harry's fate prematurely. The 7th book is coming out in a few days, and God only knows what sort of tragedy may befall poor Harry. Will he die? Will he lose his magic-ness? Will he find his long-lost twin brother? (Oh wait, that's a different book.) So I am rushing through the 6th book as we speak so that I can spend the rest of my summer reading the 7th.

Whew, once again off-topic.

Well, I still need to pack a few more things, and I need to figure out my footwear. It's summer, so I don't want to wear anything that requires socks. Unfortunately, I really only have a pair of clunky green flip flops. Perhaps I will go to Kohls tomorrow in NJ and find me a nice pair of walking sandals.

No comments: